Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mongolian BBQ

When I lived in NYC while attending NYU Law, I fell in love with Mongolian BBQ. I had never had it before in Indiana, so I assumed it was just one of the many things I'd only ever find in NYC.

When I moved to Denver over 10 years ago, Mongolian BBQ was a thing of the past, and I missed it. So imagine my surprise when I move back to the tiny town of Santa Claus, IN, and discover a Mongolian BBQ restaurant in the nearby (and only slightly less tiny) town of Dale.

A Hallelujah chorus could be heard faintly in the distance the first time ever I laid eyes upon the sign. Could it be the same Mongolian BBQ I had loved in NYC? Indeed it was! So the kids and I came to feast here this evening to celebrate the fact that it's Thursday and Toby returns to "The Office" tonight.

For those of you who have yet to discover this delicacy, let me briefly explain: you start with a raw bar with meat, veggies, noodles, and sauces. A chef then cooks your unique concoction on a big round shiny metal thingy. When it's done, you have what basically amounts to homemade stir-fry cooked to your exact specifications with hand-picked ingredients. All who read this, get theeselves to Dale posthaste and partake of the goodness!

Posted from my BlackBerry Curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment